A Quantity Surveyor is required to join major international construction consultancy in their Nottingham office. You should have Quantity Surveying experience within a reputable PQS practice and have a desire to develop yourself and the business to new markets and sectors. You will initially be working on projects in commercial, residential (accommodation and private residential), retail and education sectors.
You will initially work on projects in the commercial, residential (accommodation and private residential), retail and education sectors. You should have the desire to help grow and develop the business within new market sectors also.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
• Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving our specialist Value Management team
• Estimating and cost planning activities
• Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are completed effectively
• Cost checking and valuation work
• Production of monthly post-contract cost reports
• Value engineering and life cycle costing
• Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- PQS consultancy background
- Pre and post contract experience
- Strong at estimating/cost planning experience
- Good contractual knowledge, especially JCT (NEC also preferable)
- Strong character, professional, able to confidently represent the company
- Good negotiation skills, and experience, able to work closely with clients and constructively challenge contractors
- Desire to develop yourself and the business in to new markets and sectors
- Ideally experience in the following sectors – residential (student/PRS), commercial, retail, education.
- Will consider candidates with alternative sector experience
- Ideally chartered (RICS Membership)
- Degree qualified is highly preferable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a global construction consultancy that operates in all construction sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Competitive benefit package includes a company car / car allowance; professional membership fees paid; pension scheme; and a flexible benefits culture (buy/sell holidays; gym memberships; bike to work; etc.)