A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a first class construction consultancy in their Reading office. You will be working on projects in the built environment including commercial, retail, mixed-use, and residential projects. You will be responsible for providing advice on costs involved in building projects - and you will also be the key point of contact with clients.
Building sector projects including retail, mixed use, commercial, industrial, education.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
- Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
- Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
- Prepare tendering documents including Bills of Quantities
- Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
- Follow Practice procedures concerning quality assurance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience for a PQS company is preferred for this role
- Building sector project experience
- Degree in relevant discipline is preferred
- MRICS or progressing via APC or experienced route is preferred, or at least motivation to complete
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a market leader in Cost and Project Management in the UK. They are growing nationwide and already operate regional offices throughout the UK. This is a company that promotes training and development from within, and is a great place to forge a long term career as a Quantity Surveyor.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package