A unique opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor has arisen in Reading to work on complex water process plants. This is a unique opportunity to be a Quantity Surveyor employed by a global consultancy in construction, whilst being seconded into a Tier 1 contractor undergoing a contractors QS role. You should be a Quantity Surveyor with experience in the general civils and infrastructure sector.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will undergo commercial and cost management duties on water process plants, as part of a much larger water framework. The majority of projects will be waste water process with some exposure to clean water process plants as well.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Commercially manage projects or packages to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
• Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/work stream performance data
• Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the company's policies for risk management
• Support the authorisation and submission of project variations
• Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work
• Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working for a Main Contractor is preferred as you will be seconded to a Tier 1 contractor, through a global consultancy
- Quantity Surveying background in either the utilities, oil & gas, or general civils and infrastructure
- A good understanding of construction contracts
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline
- Member of the RICS or ICES is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be seconded into a Tier 1 contractor whilst being exposed to fantastic career opportunities within a global construction consultancy. Your employer will be a global consultancy that operates in all fields of construction, with the ability to expose it’ staff to different working environments such as this unique opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive basic salary and package.