A Quantity Surveyor is required to work on projects as part of an £800m, 10 years contract relating to new build projects on MoD bases in the Wiltshire region. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with several years experience who desires to join a tier 1 main contractor in order to help progress their career. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting new build MoD projects with excellent carreer prospects as part of a rapidly growing office.
The contract is worth £800m over 10 years and involves a large number of new build and refurbishment projects inside MoD sites largely within a 10 mile radius of Salisbury in Wiltshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be expected to provide day-to-day commercial assistance to the Senior Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Manager on larger schemes. However you should also be capable of running smaller projects independently with minimum supervision.
Typical duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working for a contractor, rather than a Consultancy is desired.
- Experience of working as a QS on projects in the built environment such as schools, residential developments, commercial / leisure facilities etc is essential.
- Ability to work autonomously in basic day-to-day QS duties is essential
- Ability to learn and adhere to strict processes is essential
- Candidates will be qualified to Degree level or hold a similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's largest main contractors. They have offices throughout the UK and a strong International presence also. They are working in JV on this contact which offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work on exciting new build projects in close proximity to each other as well as an unprecedented longevity of future work in the region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £45k (DOE) + Benefits