A Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a leading UK multi-disciplinary main contractor to work on a colossal £350m hospital new build project in Smethwick, West Midlands! Could this be an excellent opportunity for you to work for a top tier company?
The successful candidate will work upon a colossal hospital new build project in Smethwick, West Midlands. The estimated value of this project is £350m!
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting directly to the Senior Surveyor on this project and will be expected to deal with the commercial aspects of this projects including, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with clients
- Assisting and liaising with the customers on materials and buying opportunities
- Aid the Contracts Manager with regards to the sub-contractor selection process
- Conducting valuations - Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working on new build projects - preferably large projects in excess of £100m
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IT literate
- Excellent verbal, written and mathematical skills
- Experience working for a top tier contractor
Degree or similar equivalent in Quantity Surveying or alternative relevant discipline is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a prestigious and desirable employer in the UK and global construction
industry. They have one of the largest turnovers of all main contractors in the UK and an exciting order book of projects with some of London's busiest developers.
They have a number of programs running within the business to assist employees with career development. This ranges from assisting employees in obtaining their relevant professional memberships, assisting employees to train for managerial roles and a Directors program identifying high potential candidates early in their career and training & supporting them to work at Director level within the business.
This employer would suit any Quantity Surveyor currently working for a leading main contractor in the UK who feels they may not be getting the assistance and support that they deserve to fulfil their potential.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k-£40k + benefits