A Quantity Surveyor vacancy exists with a busy Chartered Surveying Practice just south of Leicester.
The role will offer the suitable candidate opportunities to manage their own projects including pre and post contract work. Such projects will typically range in value from £1m up to £35m and will largely be across a range of sectors within the built environment.
This is an office based role in the South of Leicester and the hiring company are looking for a suitably experienced Quantity Surveyor, ideally with some Consultancy experience, who can run their own projects.
Typical projects will be valued in the region of £1m - £35m and are predominantly within the built environments, including:
- Industrial & manufacturing
Projects may span the length and breadth of the UK, however the businesses main portfolio is within the Midlands region. The majority of work will be new build and refurbishment projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work closely with senior management. The business is small enough to have direct links to the Directors of the business and a collaborative working environment. You will be trusted to run your own projects and you will have a exposure to a combination of pre and post duties within this role, including:
- Providing Employers Agent services as well as the traditional QS services
- Feasibility studies
- Tender and contract reviews
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
- Client facing
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have prior experience of running their own projects. Ideally in excess of £1m or close to
- Candidates should have exposure to new build and /or refurbishment projects
- Candidates will ideally have worked for a Consultancy previously
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a client facing role
- Ideally have a good combination of pre and post contract experience
- Candidates will ideally be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a successful, busy Chartered QS and PM practice based in the South of Leicester, just off the A6. They have an enviable workload of projects and can see their workflow for circa 5 years to come, offering fantastic stability.
As well as this, they are a sociable office who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment. They are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £45k (DOE)
+ Other Benefits