Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8928 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Midlands and East Anglia Location South Leicestershire Salary Circa £30-40k DOE Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 01/06/2020 Status Filled: Apply to be considered for other jobs like this
An urgent Quantity Surveyor job is available with a busy Chartered Surveying Practice in South Leicestershire.
Typical projects will be predominantly within the built environment, including:
- Industrial & manufacturing
- Social Housing
Projects can be across the UK, however the company's main portfolio is within the Leicester, Leicestershire and Midlands region.
The majority of work will be new build and refurbishment projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work closely with Senior Management. Although the business is expanding as their project portfolio develops at an impressive rate, the company has a strong work ethos and the successful candidate will have direct, daily links to the Directors of the business in a collaborative working environment. You will be trusted to run your own projects and you will have exposure to a combination of pre and post duties within this role, which may include:
- Cost Estimates
- Schedules of Work
- Builders' Quantities
- Bills of Quantities
- Providing Employers Agent services as well as the traditional QS services
- Feasibility studies
- Tender and contract documentation
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally candidates should have a good combination of pre and post contract experience - although applications with a strength in either area will definitely be considered
- Candidates should have experience of running their own projects; ideally in excess of or close to £1m
- Experience of traditional and/or design and build contracts is required
- Candidates should have exposure to new build and /or refurbishment projects
- Candidates should be capable and willing to run a number of projects with limited supervision
- Candidates should be fully conversant and adaptable in providing Employer’s Agent services as well as/or traditional QS duties
- A Construction related degree would be most beneficial, however suitable demonstrable experience and the ability to adapt to the role are the key requirements of this job.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a successful, busy Chartered QS and PM practice based in the South of Leicester, just off the A6. They have an enviable workload of projects resuming as the lockdown ends and suitable social distancing measures for the construction industry are introduced.
They are a sociable office who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment and are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
This company are keen to promote from within and offer a great career path for successful candidates.
They are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
This employer is an experienced facilitator of the APC programme run by the RICS to allow ambitious and committed Quantity Surveyors to become fully Chartered.
They are a sociable office who have many varied staff events as well as promoting charity work within the community.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous holidays
- Pension scheme
- In-house and external training
- Assistance with APC/RICS qualification
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend