Summary of Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Surrey
This top tier contractor is searching for a premium Quantity Surveyor to join their talented team for an exciting civils project based in the South-East of England.
The project involves working on important highways framework vital to the development and maintenance of road works in the UK.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in working with large civil engineering projects preferred
- Previous employment with large construction companies beneficial
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- High level of Microsoft Office knowledge & proficiency
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc or higher) in Quantity Surveying or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is at the forefront of the civil engineering industry and consistently delivers on some of the most complex projects within the sector. The group employs over 15,000 people in countries such as China, UK & the Middle East and strives to deliver excellence and innovation in every venture. Their vision is world-class and forward-thinking in order to provide sector leading performance for clients and customers alike.