Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7994 Job Posted 03/05/2017 Region South East England Location Surrey & London Salary £30k - £50k (D.O.E) Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor is required to work for an established contractor who specialise in doing high end building envelope packages in the South East. The hiring company are market leaders in this sector and have worked on signature projects including sports stadia, Airports, Commercial developments and Mixed use Schemes. Their office is based in Surrey, and their projects are typically based in London and the South East.
The business is capable of delivering a range of services relating to exteriors of building, including:
- Curtain Walling
- Rain Screens
They are an established business providing exterior solutions to high profile and value buildings. Projects can vary from smaller Social Housing contracts through to large high profile projects such as working on the Olympic Stadium and London's airports. The value of their services on larger schemes can be valued up to £20m.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report to the Commercial Director of the business and your involvement on projects could range from managing multiple smaller projects through to assisting the Commercial Manager on some of the businesses major projects.
You will be responsible for the day to day commercial tasks on the project(s) such as:
- Managing sub contractors
- Submit relevant documents for variations
- Cost analysis
- Manage payments
- Deal with contractual correspondence
- Prepare cost reports
- prepare bills of quantities
- maximise profit
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have a firm grasp of the Quantity Surveying role and the ability to perform many day to day tasks independently.
- Candidates should come from a main contractor or sub-contractor background
- Previous experience of managing external packages such as cladding, façades, roofing etc is desired
- Candidate's should hold a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leader in providing exterior solutions to major projects. They work with many of the largest contractors in the UK and directly with blue chip clients to deliver innovative, high end exteriors to buildings.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £50k (Depending on experience)
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend