A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a global construction cost and claims consultancy company, to work on exciting rail projects. You will be responsible for the implementation of all post contract commercial contract management and support pre-contract activity of all frameworks and contracts related to the relevant programme of works, and liaise with the Commercial Manager on all required reporting requirements.
Projects will all be in the rail sector, with high profile rail clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Support the Commercial Manager and Programme and Project teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate governance –compliance with the Client’s defined Corporate Governance rules in a timely manner.
2. Manage cost reporting of all allocated projects within the Network Rail reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost and Value of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
3. Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, identifying issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to the Project Manager and/or Commercial Manager.
4. Monitor awareness of all site activities on allocated projects in order to influence decision making from a commercial perspective. Review contractor delivery; including leading valuation of medium value/medium risk contracts & attending all progress meetings to actively influence contractor’s commercial behaviours, delivery and activity.
5. Manage assessment and valuation of contractor’s applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with the Client’s processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with contractual entitlement. Cost elements should be challenged, audited where appropriate and valuations should be consistent with agreed site progress.
6. Provide pro-active advice and guidance to Project Managers on all change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action in accordance with defined change control systems and produce all required documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority including comparative estimates where required in a timely manner.
7. Produce of applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate.
8. Identify and advise on all commercial risk/claim events.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a consultancy, in the rail sector
- Client side / consultancy experience is essential
- Understand project control management, analysis and implementation
- Degree qualified or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing Company have an unmatched combination of breadth and depth of expertise across a worldwide network. They work on major projects in the UK and worldwide as a project service company, and also a claims advisory/Expert Witness basis.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a market leading benefits package.