Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8833 Job Posted 06/12/2019 Region Other Asia Location Tokyo, Japan Salary DOA Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A really exciting short term fast track fixed term QS contract, based in Tokyo, Japan. A post contract building contracting Quantity Surveying job with responsibility for Cost and Contract Management of a number of Key Sub-Contract packages delivering building venues for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
A really exciting short term fast track fixed term QS contract, based in Tokyo, Japan.
A post contract building contracting Quantity Surveying job with responsibility for Cost and Contract Management of a number of Key Sub-Contract packages delivering building venues for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
Responsibilities and Duties
Quantity Surveyor required to perform:
- Management of Key Sub Contract Packages.
- Carrying out monthly valuations.
- Negotiating variations with suppliers.
- Managing the flow of change requests / variations from the Client and turning these into packages for pricing by suppliers.
- Financial Reporting including spend to date, payments received and constant reviews of the anticipated final account of key packages.
- Closing out final accounts with suppliers.
- Assisting with the negotiation of variations with the Client.
- Regular site visits and progress meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience
Quantity Surveyor must have experience as follows:
- Minimum 2 years’ post graduate experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- High organisational skills – this is a role with multiple contracts and therefore organisation and presentation is key.
- Strong Communication skills - ability to negotiate and communicate with Clients and Suppliers.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying (or similar).
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A dynamic international contractor working on high value fast track construction projects.
Full details supplied to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Accommodation paid for in Tokyo (within 25 minutes by train of the head office).
- Per Diem allowance.
- Relocation flights and Repatriation flights also included.
This role requires a start in January 2020 and is currently a fixed term contract ending 31st August 2020.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend