A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a leading Civil Engineering contractor on a civils and structures framework spreading from West Sussex across to Devon. The role is based from an office in Waterloo, central London however you will be a lead Quantity Surveyor in a site located role on projects up to 20m in value. The majority of projects are in locations such as Portsmouth, Southampton, Basingstoke, and Guildford areas, so candidates South West of London would be ideal, but not essential.
Projects are based on a rail framework and consist of civil engineering and structures projects, including stations. Project Values range from £100k to £20m in value.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Undergoing the role of the lead Quantity Surveyor on a project, reporting into a Managing Quantity Surveyor on the framework
- Being fully commercially responsible for activities on site
- Carrying out valuations of live work in progress
- Measuring, valuation, submitting and negotiation contract variations
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flow forecasts
- Regular communication with project management and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times
- Providing value engineering input
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience for a civil engineering contractor
- Experience managing projects of #multi-million in value
- Degree or equivalent is desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a UK leading civil engineering contractor with excellent opportunities and provide great project exposure. They operate nationwide on Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects of varying sizes.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a season train ticket, a car allowance, and other benefits.