A Quantity Surveyor is required to work on landscaping, highway maintenance, fencing and vegetation management/maintenance projects in a head office just north of York and Harrogate, North Yorkshire. You will be an experienced Quantity Surveyor who has shown the ability to manage your own projects up to around £1.5m.
You will be a Quantity Surveyor for projects in the highways maintenance, fencing, and vegetation management/maintenance sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting with pre contract cost estimates
- Providing value engineering input
- Carrying out periodic valuations of live work in progress, including forecasting of final costs
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flow forecasts.
- Measuring, valuation, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Preparing to submit and negotiate project final accounts
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts
- Acting as a Subcontractor QS when company undergo subcontractor role
- Ensuring business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a contractor is preferred
- Experience in the mentioned sectors is preferred
- Experience is more important for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a market practitioner in the highways maintenance, fencing and vegetation management sectors. They have a turnover of £3.5m and growing, with various project values. They are a Main and Subcontractor, employ circa 50 staff in their office just north of York and Harrogate off the A1. Supporting career growth is crucial at the company and they look after their staff well, whilst being an industry leader and growing rapidly.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a market leading salary and package.