A Quantity Surveyor is required to work in York for an international consultancy on rail projects. Projects will include signalling and station upgrades using NEC and Bespoke forms of contract.
You will be a Quantity Surveyor on rail signalling and station upgrade projects based out of York.
Responsibilities and Duties
Quantity Surveyor Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare recommendations for interim payments to suppliers in accordance with contract
requirements and produce payment certificates for sign off by the appropriate Project
• Provide post contract award commercial services for both 'goods' and 'services' up to and
including Final Account.
• Maintain financial impact assessments for instructed change.
• Negotiate on financial impacts of Compensation Events with suppliers.
• Support cost management, trending estimating and forecasting to the project.
• Analyse cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance
• Support management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve
• Carry out cost impact analysis of proposed changes to scope/schedule.
recommendations for efficiency improvement.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong Quantity Surveying experience on rail projects
- Strong team player
- Degree qualified in any discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an international consultancy, operating at the forefront of the construction industries most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic package along with a base salary.