Quantity Surveyor QS
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a specialist construction consultancy on exciting rail and civil engineering projects. The role could be based from a client office or on site depending on your location and company requirements. This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with Main Contractors as well as Client organisations as the consultancy has a variety of clients.
Projects are of varying values in the civils and rail sectors of construction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Undergoing the role of the lead Quantity Surveyor on certain projects should you show the ability
- Being commercially responsible for activities on site
- Carrying out valuations of live work in progress
- Measuring, valuation, submitting and negotiation contract variations
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flow forecasts
- Regular communication with project management and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times
- Providing value engineering input
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a civil engineering or rail contractor or consultancy is required
- Degree or equivalent is desired
- Chartered Member of CIOB or RICS is preferable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a specialist construction and disputes consultancy that operate in Commercial Management, Expert Witness and Claims Consultancy sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary and package.