Quantum AnalystRef MAX8537 Job Posted 03/06/2019 Region London Location Central London Salary £45k - £50k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor with an interest in construction disputes is required in Central London to join a multi-disciplinary international practice, specialising in various forms of dispute resolution. The ideal candidate will be a Quantity Surveyor with some financial sector experience, or a well-rounded Quantity Surveyor with experience for the big four, a main contractor or a consultancy organisation.
As a Quantum Analyst / Consultant you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects inclusive of building and engineering, in the UK and overseas working from a Central London office.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be working as a Consultant in the business providing support to a Director / Expert Witness on major claims and disputes in the domestic and international construction markets. You will spend much of your time using your Quantity Surveying experience to expertly analyse documents to assess any grounds for unreasonable pricings, negligence, and other dispute related matters and reporting these findings in an expert report or in claim preparation / defence.
Some specific duties will include (not limited to):
• High level Quantum Analysis
• Supporting the Expert Witness on selected commissions
• Assessing contract termination
• Cost and Damages analysis
• Arbitration support
• Dispute resolution
Desired Skills and Experience
• A number of years’ performing as a Quantity Surveyor
• Experience in the financial sector is a bonus however not essential
• Experience working for either a Main Contractor or PQS company are both considered
• Exposure to construction disputes already is a bonus
• Degree qualified is strongly preferred in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline
• A qualification in construction law or on route to achieving is a bonus, but relevant experience is more strongly preferred for this role
• MRICS, on route or willingness to achieve is important
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a multi-disciplinary international practice specialising in various forms of dispute resolution, claims and expert witness services.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a highly competitive salary structure with private health, pension scheme, bonus and other unique benefits.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend