Quantum Claims ConsultantRef MAX8637 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region South West and Wales Location Bristol Salary £35k - £50k Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 19/03/2019
If you’re a successful Quantity Surveyor and enjoy and see your long term career in construction claims and disputes, then this role could be for you.
The claims and disputes business division of leading global, construction consultancy are seeking an impressive Quantity Surveyor with a strong desire to start a career in construction claims and disputes.
The successful candidate will ideally be a Quantity Surveyor with a main contractor or consultancy background, and will have strong all round experience in QS responsibilities as well as some exposure to claims related tasks. You will be hired under the job title Quantum Consultant and be based out of the businesses Bristol office. You will work as part of a team of experienced claims professionals carrying out quantum related claims consultancy services which may include expert witness work.
The nature of the claims and disputes sector means that over the course of a year candidates will get exposure to working on disputes related tasks on multiple projects, often varying in size and a wide range of industry sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of dedicated claims professionals and report into the Director.
Specific tasks will include:
- Analysis of claims related documents
- Dispute resolution and mediation assistance
- Writing of claims related documentation
- Submittal of claims related documentation
- On occasions, you may be asked to support the Delay Analysts within the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have a strong track record at intermediate level or higher as a Quantity Surveyor
- Candidates should have some exposure to the handling of claims related issues. This could be either independently or assisting a senior member of staff.
- Candidates should have experience of being involved on projects from the early stages through to completion in order to demonstrate a clear understanding of a wide range of QS duties over the life of a project.
- A desire to specialise in construction disputes long term
- Strong analytical skills are essential
- - Degree qualified or similar equivalent
- Candidates should be willing to complete further, relevant qualifications and attain professional memberships such an MSc / LLM in Construction Law and / or MRICS.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a large multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a range of consultancy services to the construction sector, however such services are heavily weighted towards relating to dispute resolution. They can provide the successful candidate with a highly professional working environment, working alongside dedicated fellow professionals on an interesting and diverse range of projects. They pride themselves on having a strong internal training and development programme which will aid and enhance candidates career prospects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The salary on offer will be in the region on £35k - £50k dependant on experience
+ Excellent training and development programme
- Senior Delay Analyst - Expert Witness Central London - £55k-£80k + package inc. Excellent bonus
- Senior Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £50k - £65k (DOE)
- Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £36k - £48k (DOE)
- Quantum Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
- Delay Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend