Quantum Consultant - Disputes
A leading claims, expert witness and dispute resolution company are seeking a Consultant with a strong Quantity Surveying background to join a growing team in their office in Central London. The ideal candidate will be a Quantity Surveyor with site based experience and a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role who has an interest in getting into the dispute sector of construction.
You will work on a variety of major disputes and projects in all sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Quantum Consultant providing support to a Director within the business on major claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent using your Quantity Surveying expertise to analyse documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
Most of your workload will relate to the Arbitration and Litigation process of major claims, dispute resolution and avoidance, as well as providing expertise as a consultant over the life cycle of a project. During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for either a Consultancy or Contractor in construction is essential
- Some knowledge of claims or dispute / expert witness work would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- You should be within an easy commute of Central London
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to work in this sector
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is desired, or ambition to achieve.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a Top End specialist claims, dispute and expert witness consultancy that provides expert advice in the disciplines of Quantum Assessment, Delay Analysis, Claims and Disputes, Forensic Planning, capital investment programme management, construction project management, and construction costs management in the UK and overseas. This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to work on major projects and disputes with a market leader, with a company that works on projects in the UK and overseas.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
This company offer a competitive salary and package.