Quantum Consultant - Expert WitnessRef MAX8642 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location London Salary Circa £40k - £60k (DOE) Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 07/01/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
An exciting role exists for a Quantity Surveyor wanting to pursue a career in construction disputes and expert witness services.
This is a unique and exciting role for a Quantity Surveyor with no experience working in the claims and disputes sector to make their first move into the exciting and lucrative world of construction disputes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside some of the industry’s leading Experts and be involved in providing expert analysis on major disputes globally. You will work from the company’s London based head office and provide day-to-day assistance to the Experts within the business.
The hiring company have multiple leading industry experts running the business and for this reason, the business is often sought to work on major, high value disputes both domestically and internationally. Projects can span across all industry sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be employed as a Quantum Consultant and carry out detailed analysis for the preparation of expert witness reports. You will work alongside senior management within the business and closely with the lead expert. You will use you Quantity Surveying knowledge to forensically analyse data and documentation related to the disputes and be involved in the process of writing expert reports based on your findings.
In the early stages, this role will be heavily weighted towards assisting the Expert in gathering and analysing data and documentation relevant to the dispute, however as you grow into the role, you will become more involved in the drafting of reports, with a view to one day becoming an expert in their own right. Typical duties may include:
- Gathering of data, records, contracts relevant to the dispute
- Analysing large amounts of data from an expert prospective
- Reporting your findings to senior management
- Drafting sections of expert reports
- On occasions you may work closely with the Delay Expert team
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong Quantity Surveying background
- Good continuity of employment. Ideally with contractors / consultancies who work to industry leading systems and processes
- An analytical mind
- A passion for disputes related work and a desire to have a career in expert services
- Experience on large scale projects is desired
- Experience on a wide variety of projects would be advantageous, however is not essential
- A Degree or similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying is essential
- Relevant further qualifications / professional memberships such as MSc or LLM in Construction Law or MRICS are advantageous but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a small but highly reputable Consultancy providing market leading expert services to the construction and engineering sectors. They have industry leading Experts within the business that can attract work on the most appealing disputes around the world. Their head office is based in London, and contains circa 15 staff members.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £60k Basic Salary
- Senior Delay Consultant North Manchester - £55k - £75k (DOE) + Pension + Bonus
- Senior Manager - Delay Expert Witness London - £70k - £100k (DOE)
- Senior Delay Analyst - Expert Witness Central London - £55k-£80k + package inc. Excellent bonus
- Senior Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £50k - £65k (DOE)
- Quantum Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend