A leading claims, disputes and expert witness consultancy are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join a growing team in their Central London office. The ideal candidate will be a Quantity Surveyor with site based experience and a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role who has an interest in getting into Claims and Expert Witness work, to develop a career in Quantum matters.
Previous construction disputes experience is not required as full training and support in this field will be given. The transition from Quantity Surveying to Claims and Expert Witness work is thought to be relatively simple for Quantity Surveyor's who fully understand Cost Plans and Variations and are able to look at these at a highly analytical level. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best in the business whilst being exposed to exciting disputes.
You will work as a Quantum Consultant on a variety of projects at various stages, predominantly in the heavy infrastructure or industrial sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Quantum Consultant providing support to a Director within the business on major disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent using your Quantity Surveying expertise to analyse documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
Some of this work will relate to the Arbitration and Litigation process of major claims, as well as providing expertise as a consultant over the life cycle of a project. During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for a Main Contractor is preferable
- Some knowledge of Claims or Expert Witness work would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to work as a Quantum Consultant
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is desired, or ambition to achieve.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a Top End specialist claims and expert witness consultancy that provides expert advice in the disciplines of Quantum Assessment, Delay Analysis, Claims and Disputes, Commercial Management, Construction Project Management in the UK and overseas.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
This company offer a fantastic package as well as formal training with a professional development programme, and support of further, relevant academic studies.