Quantum ConsultantRef MAX8758 Job Posted 30/09/2019 Region London Location Central London Salary £40k-£50k + Bonus Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A rare opportunity exists to join a London-based market leading Expert Witness Consultancy as a Quantum Consultant.
This is an entry level role into the Expert Witness sector and would suit a well-rounded Quantity Surveyor who has had several years working in a commercial role for a main contractor or consultancy. The successful candidate will need to have a firm grasp of the QS role and ideally have had exposure to running projects or packages of work independently. More importantly, you will need to have a clear motivation to start a successful career in construction disputes.
The nature of Expert Witness work means that you will work on construction disputes over a variety of sectors. The nature of the hiring company’s work will allow the successful candidate to gain exposure to a wide range of quantum related disputes and on UK and International projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work in an analyst role. Your duties will be heavily weighted towards scrutinising data and documentation relating to the dispute in intense detail.
You will support the senior staff and the lead expert on the assignment by identifying grounds for negligence and documenting your findings. You will learn how to contribute to the expert report and in time, you will gain exposure to drafting sections of the report for the lead expert.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Several year’s experience in a Quantity Surveying role, where you have had good exposure to all aspects of the QS role and have the ability to carry out many duties independently
- A keen eye for detail and passion to work in construction disputes
- Exceptional English skills – Written in particular
- Highly professional in their manner and approach to work
- Previous exposure to dealing with or assisting on quantum related claims / disputes would be advantageous, but is not essential
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or other similar subject is essential
- Membership to a professional body or working towards such a membership would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are one of the largest and most reputable specialist expert witness consultancies in London. They have multiple offices throughout the World and can provide candidates with the opportunity to work on domestic and international disputes (all based out of the London office).
They have some of the industry’s leading experts working in-house and successful candidates will work alongside some of the most respected professionals in this sector, which would be a fantastic start to their career in this specialist industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £40k - £50k + Excellent Bonus
- Senior Consultant - CM Expert Witness Central London - £50k - £65k + Benefits
- Managing Consultant - CM Expert Witness Central London - £65k - £80k + Benefits
- Senior Quantum Consultant Central London - Circa £50k - £65k + Bonus + Benefits
- Managing Quantum Consultant Central London - Circa £70k - £90k + Bonus + Benefits
- Director of Expert Witness Services Central London - Neg Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend