A long established, Darlington based claims and dispute resolution consultancy is seeking a Quantum Consultant who can carry out claims and quantum analysis based from their Darlington office.
The successful candidate for this Quantum Consultant job will likely come from a Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management background, having gained experience with a contractor, sub-contractor or similar specialist claims and quantum consultancy.
In return for your hard work as a Quantum Consultant, you will enjoy working for a growing, reputable specialist claims and adjudication consultancy in Darlington, alongside like-minded professionals with enviable specialist experience in quantum and delay, claims and disputes. You will get to work with their prestigious client base and be exposed to problematic projects across all construction industry sectors.
Flexible remote working is supported on the basis that candidates understand that there will need to be regular weekly visits to the office for specific meetings and tasks.
The nature of working within a specialist claims and disputes consultancy in Darlington such as this is that you will be used on a variety of assignments (sometimes concurrently) over the course of a year. The hiring company offers a range of specialist services to its clients, including (but not limited to):
- Expert Witness and Advisory Services
- Dispute Resolution Services
- Alternative Dispute Resolution advice
- Risk Management
- Project Planning
Therefore, as part of your role, you will be expected to work with various clients from client organisations to contractors and subcontractors, across all construction industry sectors. You will gain exposure to claims negotiation on live projects, through to advising and preparing for dispute resolution proceedings such as adjudication.
Responsibilities and Duties
This consultant role will report directly to the Director(s) of the business. The expectation for this role is that the successful candidate should be willing and able to manage each client’s day-to-day requirements with regard to contract administration, claims and adjudication work.
You must be capable of undertaking the following duties:
- Assist with the preparation of claims for loss and expense and other contractual entitlements
- Assist with the preparation of adjudication documentation
- Quantum Forensic analysis of tender, contract, and claims documentation
- Be able to draft written reports, setting out processes, conclusions, and recommendations
- Knowledge of operating and implementing Standard Forms of Contract (Bespoke Contracts/JCT/NEC/FIDIC)
- Providing strategic advice at all stages of the construction life cycle
- Proactively manage cash flow
- Actively contribute to business development
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years minimum experience within a Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management background, preferably with a premium, major building or civil engineering contractor / subcontractor.
- Familiarity with claims and formal dispute proceedings. Experience in adjudication from start to finish would be desirable but not essential.
- Good knowledge of common contracts such as NEC and JCT & FIDIC
- Strong reports writing skills are essential and candidates who can demonstrate prior report writing evidence will be looked upon very positively
- 5 years minimum postgraduate experience
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, or a similar relevant subject
- Attained or working towards an MRICS is highly desirable
- Attained or working towards an MSc in Construction Law / LLM is highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a reputable, established claims and dispute resolution consultancy with multiple offices across the UK.
They have a growing team of experienced quantum and delay, claims and disputes consultants and a prestigious client base, predominantly of building and civil engineering main contractors and subcontractors as well as housing developers and client organisations.
With a growing Darlington office, there are opportunities to join a highly professional team and progress your career in claims and disputes.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£65k - £80k
+ Private Healthcare
+ Professional fees paid
+ Annual pay review