Quantum ConsultantRef MAX8830 Job Posted 07/01/2020 Region London Location London Salary £48k - £55k + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A leading London based construction disputes consultancy is looking for a bright and ambitious Chartered Quantity Surveyor with a desire to start a career in a quantum related role within the disputes sector.
No prior experience within the construction disputes sector is required. However, the successful candidate must be a Chartered (RICS) Quantity Surveyor, with prior experience working for a reputable contractor or consultancy, on complex and large-scale projects.
In return, you will receive training and guidance into how to carry out forensic quantum analysis in relation to supporting the lead expert in their role.
You will work largely on disputes that are preparing for arbitration or litigation. Such disputes will often be international disputes, although there is also some access to domestic disputes. In this role, you may get exposure to being involved in some of the most high-profile disputes in the World. However, this is an office-based role, therefore it is unlikely you will be required to travel overseas in until you are at a more senior level of the business and need to attend the hearing.
The business has the personnel and capability to act as experts on projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Forensically analysing documentation and data in an impartial manner from a quantum and delay viewpoint
- Provide support to leading industry experts in international arbitration and litigation cases
- Communicate and liaise with all involved parties involved in the dispute (client, contractor, consultancy etc.) to attain relevant documents and records to carry out your analysis
- Provide impartial opinions on delay and quantum related issues involved in disputes, backed up by facts
- When required, provide assistance and advice on technical matters to the advisory side of the business, which typically provides high level strategic advice to executive level management within construction businesses
- Learn how to write expert reports and provide assistance to the Expert in the drafting of sections of expert documents to be used when the dispute goes to court
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong Quantity Surveying experience on live projects. Ideally on a range of projects, however most importantly you will have exposure to large value, complex projects.
- Stable career history demonstrating clear and continued career progression
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Strong communicator with a professional manner
- Strong motivation to work in Quantum related Expert work
- An analytical mind, with the ability to look at issues in an impartial manner
- Some exposure to quantum related claims issues and drafting / writing claims documents is advantageous but is not essential
- Any additional language skills will be looked upon favourably, but are not essential
- A relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification
- A relevant Professional membership is strongly advantageous. Ideally this would be fully completed, however candidates within 6 months of gaining Chartered status may be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a multinational, specialist consultancy with offices throughout Europe, Middle East and Asia. They have a fantastic reputation in London for being one of the market leading providers of expert witness services.
As a career prospect, they are a fantastic business that can provide the right candidates with internal and external training, as well as an accelerated development program which can see promising candidates receive multiple promotions in their first couple of years.
As a business they like to get staff at this level involved in all areas of the disputes and advisory business. Therefore, candidates can often expect greater and more diverse exposure to delay related issues as well as quantum issues, in comparison to similar employers. Something most aspiring experts would see as a positive.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £48k - £55k
+ Bonus (In the region of 10% - 30% of annual salary)
+ Private medical care (including optical & dental)
+ 10% contributory Pension
+ Season ticket loans can be provided
+ Professional fees paid
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend