Quantum Disputes ManagerRef MAX9127 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location London Salary £70k - £100k (Depending on experience) Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 26/07/2021 Status Live
A growing claims and disputes consultancy is looking for an experienced quantum professional to work out of their central London office.
The hiring company is a claims and disputes consultancy based in the north who work with clients nationwide. Their growing client base in London and the South of the UK has prompted them to seek an experienced professional who can support Directors, run assignments autonomously and in time, help to generate more work in the London and south east region.
The successful candidate will need to have experience of managing the claims process on live projects, be familiar with dispute resolution techniques and ideally have had some exposure to assisting an expert witness.
The client is a specialist claims and disputes consultancy offering with in-house quantum and delay experts. They carry out a range of services to their nationwide client base including dispute resolution, alternative dispute resolution, expert witness, contract administration, advisory and project controls.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Feasibility studies and cost planning
- Cost Reporting
- Contract Administration
- Control, manage and report contractual obligations from procurement to final account
- Accurate assessments of progress
- Forensic analysis in alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Clear and impartial evidence for tribunals (ADR)
As a senior employee, the role also includes:
- Management of internal and external project teams
- Training, development and performance management of employees, as applicable
- Acting as a role model and mentor to other employees
- Providing support to Senior Management and Manager – commercial & quantum
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate could be working at a senior or managerial level currently, but must have sufficient experience to carry out many of the day-to-day duties of this role autonomously.
Typical experience required includes:
- Worked for a specialist claims and disputes consultancy previously, or in a specialist inhouse claims role for a contractor or consultancy.
- Have experience of managing dispute processes, including adjudications
- Strong client facing skills
- Experience of writing whole or extensive sections of expert reports for formal proceedings
- Good knowledge of familiar contracts such as JCT and NEC
- Ambitious and driven personality
- Experience of assisting an expert witness in arbitration or litigation proceedings would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Some exposure to work winning would be advantageous, but is not essential. Either maximising work with existing clients or bringing in new business.
- Studied a higher education qualification specific to construction law such as an MSc or LLM
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as the RICS, CIArb, CIOB, ICES etc is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a medium sized, specialist claims and disputes consultancy based in the North West of England. They have approximately 25-30 staff within the business and are growing.
They offer QS, Planning, Quantum and Delay related services to their clients and have a number of experienced industry experts within the business capable of acting as expert witnesses.
Due to a growing client base in London and the South East, they are seeking to hire an experienced quantum claims professional based in commutable distance to London.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary will be dependent on the candidate’s experience. However, as a guide the basic salary would likely be in the region of £70k - £100k.
+ Benefits package
+ Bonus (May include work winning incentives)
- Claims Consultant Birmingham, West Midlands - Up to circa £50k package
- Managing Consultant Delay Analyst Central London - Circa £65k - £85k + Bonus
- Senior Consultant Delay Analyst London - Circa £50k - £65k + Bonus
- Consult Level Delay Analyst Central London - Circa £40k - £55k + Bonus
- Construction Delay Expert Central London - £55k - £75k + Bonus + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend