We are exclusively recruiting for a Quantum Director / Partner to be based in a Leeds office of a top end Expert Witness sector consultancy. To be successful, you should be an experienced Quantum professional, having acted as a “number 2” on numerous occasions on high value disputes, or acted as lead Expert yourself on smaller to medium sized disputes. The opportunity to act as a lead Expert on major national and international construction disputes will present itself should you show the desire and ability to do so.
You will work on high value and complex construction disputes arising in the UK and overseas markets, in various project sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Director / Partner within the business providing support to a lead Expert on major construction disputes. You will initially act as a “number 2” to a lead Expert, however the opportunity to act as a lead Expert is available should you show the ability and desire to do so.
Specific duties and responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Writing Expert Reports
- Managing Consultants and assisting in their development
- Supporting business development for the business and acquiring your own network
- Act as lead Expert if you show the desire and ability to do so
- Support Senior Directors / Senior Partners on high profile disputes in national and international construction markets
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the Expert Witness sector is essential
- Strong Quantity Surveying background, enabling and assisting in the continuance of high calibre Quantum Expert witness services by the company
- Large project experience
- Experience supporting lead Experts as a “number 2” on construction disputes, or acting as a lead expert
- Strong continuity at previous employers
- Degree qualified
- MRICS or FRICS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading Expert Witness sector consultancy that works on some of the most high profile construction disputes in national and international construction. They predominantly work in the Arbitration/Litigation stages of projects and provide their expertise to clients in regards to major claims, as well as providing advice over the life cycle of a project as consultants. The company retain and win much of their work from previous engagements on major projects and hold an unrivalled reputation in the market place. Working on projects across numerous continents, they provide great project exposure and an opportunity to learn from the best in the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• Contributory pension scheme
• Private Health Care
• Professional subscription payments
• 25 days paid leave + bank holidays
• Discretionary bonus
• Death in Service benefit