A Quantum Expert is required for an integral role in a Paris office of a highly reputable expert witness consultancy, that offers specialist expert advice on numerous major projects across the globe. You should be construction practitioner and a fluent French speaker, with the ability to testify in French if it isn’t already your native language
You will act as the lead Quantum Expert on major construction and infrastructure disputes. Projects in many cases will be of €multi-billion in value, with varying currencies depending on the location of the project.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Quantum Expert, leading a team of expert consultants in the Paris office. You will be integral in the growth and maintenance of an established first class team of expert consultants which have a fantastic reputation in the wider quantum and delay expert field. You will be integral in overseeing the analysis of documents at an expert level, assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings in an expert report or in court as required.
The majority of this work will relate to the Arbitration and Litigation stages of major disputes in the construction and infrastructure sectors. Over the course of your career here, you will likely be involved on multiple large scale projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of project sectors as a Lead Quantum Expert.
Some specific duties include:
• Expert Quantum Analysis
• Management of high level Expert Report writing
• Provision of specialist expert advice
• Expert testimony
• Manage consultants at varying levels
• Work closely with the delay expert team when required
• Support the growth of the business through a healthy network of contacts and continuing strong reputation
• Work closely with the quantum expert team when required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Fluent or native in French language, having testified or have the ability to testify in French when required
- Construction practitioner with strong Quantity Surveying background
- Acted as a lead Expert in your own right on major disputes
- Strong continuity at previous employers
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Further qualifications in construction law are beneficial however not essential, strong on site experience and Expert experience / reputation is more important
- Chartered Member or Fellow of the RICS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading Expert Witness practice on major constructions disputes in the international and UK construction sector. Acting as leading Quantum and Delay Experts on $multi-billion projects, you will be exposed to and exciting variety of work with some of the most reputable experts in the field.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive basic salary with a lucrative bonus scheme and other benefits such as a pension scheme and private healthcare.