Quantum Expert Witness
Quantum Expert Witness job within a specialist construction disputes company based in London.
A job for a Quantum Expert Witness disputes professional with strong exposure to quantum expert witness work is available based in London but with remote working options also.
The successful candidate will need to have had exposure to expert work, ideally as the lead expert on at least one previous assignment.
Quantum Expert Witness candidates who have significant experience as an assistant lead on expert reports may also be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Writing Expert Reports
- Managing Quantum Consultants and Senior Quantum Consultants and assisting in their professional development and ability to work independently
- Taking a leading role in business development by using your already established network of legal and other contacts to generate work and commissions
- Performing fee earning Expert Quantum analysis work
- Undertaking high level expert quantum report writing and management and growth of the quantum team.
- Provide specialist expert advice relating to quantum dispute matters
- Work closely with the delay expert team on disputes
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of writing Expert Reports
- Some experience of managing Quantum Consultants and Senior Quantum Consultants and assisting in their professional development and ability to work independently
- Demonstrable experience of successfully taking a leading role in business development by using your already established network of legal and other contacts to generate work and commissions
- A strong track record in performing fee earning Expert Quantum analysis work
- Ability to undertaking high level expert quantum report writing
- Around 10+ years of experience in a relevant quantum claims and dispute role
- Experience of international arbitrations would be highly advantageous
- Experience of international adjudications would also be advantageous
- RICS Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors membership or fellowship highly desired
- InstCES Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors Chartership also acceptable
- A construction law degree or related comparable postgraduate qualification is highly desirable such as MSc / LLB in Construction Law and Arbitration
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is one of the fastest growing 'next generation' claims and disputes consultancy practices in the UK.
The also have now established international offices that are growing fast.
They have been appointed to carry out quantum and delay analysis on behalf of both construction contractor and major international corporate insurance clients within the global construction sector, on major disputes.
They are midway through ambitious growth plans and this is an exciting time to join the business as there are fantastic career opportunities and generous quarterly and annual bonus schemes in place to drive performance and growth.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous Quarterly bonus based on billable hours
- Generous Annual bonus based on fee revenue generated