Quantum Senior Associate Director
A Quantum related Senior Associate Director vacancy exists to work within the dispute resolution division of a London based consultancy.
The client is looking to hire an experienced quantum professional with experience of acting at a senior level on major disputes. The position would particularly suit candidates who have had considerable experience assisting an expert witness and feel they are ready to take a step into the lead expert role in the short to medium term. This is something the client feels they may be able to provide for the right candidate.
The hiring company are an established consultancy providing quantity surveying and dispute resolution services to their exciting client base. The business has ambitions to grow the dispute resolution division over the next 12 months. Therefore, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in the upcoming strategic decisions that will need to be made to achieve the forecasted growth.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a supporting and/or lead role with a variety of clients providing a full range of claims and disputes related services, including:
- Claims preparation and defence
- Contractual advisory services to clients
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Associate Director will report directly into the CEO of the business, who is an experienced Quantum Expert in their own right. You will become an integral part of the senior management team and your role will combine the following:
- Making strategic decisions relating to the growth of the business
- Acting in a lead supporting role to the expert witness on a variety of dispute resolution, including carrying out hands-on quantum analysis and writing sections of expert reports
- Taking a lead on disputes
- Managing a team of junior staff assisting in the quantum analysis for dispute resolution and advisory services
- Taking an active role in business development to achieve growth forecasts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should be experienced in carrying out quantum analysis for expert reports, ideally relating to adjudication, arbitration and/or litigation proceedings.
- Have experience of writing or drafting expert reports, or at least sections of expert reports prepared for formal proceedings.
- Candidates should have experience of acting in a management role on major disputes. This could include acting as the lead expert or in a lead assistant role to the expert.
- Candidates must have very strong writing skills and may be asked to present examples of their written work during the interview process.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Previous evidence of winning new work would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Hold relevant professional membership(s) such as MRICS
- Ideally candidates will have completed relevant high qualifications such as an MSc / LLM in Construction Law. However, alternatives will be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are an established and well-regarded medium-sized consultancy with multiple offices throughout the UK. As a business they provide a variety of services to their clients including Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Project Management, Project Monitoring and Dispute Resolution.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
+ Benefits including discretionary bonus