A new and exciting Recruitment Consultant job opportunity in Leicester for a confident and ambitious early career professional. Suitable applicants for this recruitment consultant job will need to be able to commute to our head office in Clarendon Park, Leicester.
Full recruitment training will be provided to facilitate you becoming a successful and high earning recruitment consultant. You will work in the Leicester office with our many experienced recruitment professionals and learn how to do this challenging job to an industry leading standard.
In your recruitment job role, you will work with high quality construction jobs and high calibre construction professional job seekers and match them together using your research, organisational and sales skills to help employers to recruit and candidates to advance their careers in the professional construction and engineering sector both in the UK and internationally.
At Maxim, we have Recruitment Consultant jobs available to work on a number of ‘warm’ desks / departments, including:
- Recruiting for clients involved in the High Speed Two (HS2) project
- Employers seeking new employees for major international road, rail, bridge and tunnel infrastructure projects in Europe, Canada and in Asia
- Clients looking for specialist construction dispute professionals to help them work on time and money related disputes within problem construction projects
Responsibilities and Duties
As a new recruiter with the Maxim team, you will join a small & supportive team and work closely with experienced recruitment consultants. We will help train you quickly and efficiently to be productive and feel confident in your role and capabilities.
The core task of a successful construction recruitment consultant at every level, is to successfully introduce the best candidates for jobs to the best jobs for the candidate’s preferences and abilities.
At Maxim, we usually separate the required tasks into two job roles.
The first job role is the task of Business Developing new construction clients, which is usually carried out by the senior Maxim team.
The second part is where you, the Recruitment Consultant or Graduate Recruitment Consultant come in - to account manage our new and live clients which involves the task of attracting suitable candidates for client jobs and helping them through the process of becoming employed by them.
Using your capacity to learn quickly, and by following the proven Maxim recruitment methods and procedures, you will:
- Source, interview and manage candidates through the recruitment process with our premium employers
- Manage multiple candidate searches for our priority live client job vacancies
- Approach contacts and proactively headhunt suitable potential candidates and encourage them to apply for jobs with us
- Interview and shortlist suitable candidates against urgent client job vacancies
- Recommend candidates for submittal to clients and brief and debrief and update candidates accordingly as they work their way through the selection process
- Negotiate salary offers and manage candidate salary expectations to ensure all parties achieve a succesful outcome
- Identify and develop business leads from candidates interviewed to grow the client base
- Provide a professional service when liaising with candidate job seekers and employer clients that leads to repeat business, a good reputation and enhanced efficiencies and profits
- Write up, publish and market industry leading construction job vacancies that attract the highest calibre of candidate
- Develop a network of employer contacts within a number of specialist niche areas of the construction sector that use your recruitment consultancy services
- Read relevant trade press regularly and share industry knowledge with colleagues and write informative blog articles for posting on the Maxim website
- Maintain the data related to your clients and candidates using the market leading Maxim Recruitment ‘Bullhorn’ online candidate and recruitment CRM database
- Attend construction industry networking events with Maxim colleagues, candidates and clients
Undertake international travel on business to interview candidates and/or to develop new clients
Desired Skills and Experience
The most important skills required for success in this Recruitment Consultant job role are:
- Confidence and self-motivation
In addition, the following skills and traits (or the willingness to develop them) are highly desirable:
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- sales and negotiation skills
- a goal-orientated approach to work
- the ability to handle multiple priorities
- problem-solving ability
- the ability to meet deadlines and targets
- ambition and the determination to succeed
- time management and organisational skills
We welcome job applications for this Recruitment Consultant role from candidates that have had any of the following:
- Previous experience in recruitment or in the construction industry itself
- Candidates that have worked in other sales-related roles such as in a call centre or targeted retail environment
- Recruitment consultants who have worked in other recruitment sectors and who are keen to make the move into a premium high value sector of the recruitment industry
- Suitable applicants must have a good standard of written and spoken English and be able to evidence solid IT skills.
- Strong analytical skills must also be demonstrated and you should be able to learn key tasks and information quickly and accurately
- You should feel confident in your ability to develop and demonstrate strong sales and marketing behaviours.
- You will need to be able to write job descriptions and write reports on candidates eloquently and lucidly without mistakes
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment undertakes executive search and recruitment assignments to find managerial level construction and property professionals for many of the very best construction companies in the UK and international construction industry.
We find jobs for UK and international construction professionals in the UK and recruit international candidates for clients worldwide.
We have offices in Leicester in the UK, and in Hong Kong, and we also have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada.
Maxim Recruitment is proud to be on the Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for many of the biggest names in the national & international construction and property industry in the UK, Hong Kong/Asia, North America and the Middle East.
We also recruit extensively and exclusively for 'under the radar' niche expert construction companies and consultancies.
In 2023 we are celebrating 20 years of being in business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous Basic Salary based on experience
- Bonus based on fee revenue generated – full details supplied at interview stage
- Stakeholder Pension
- Mentorship and full ongoing training/probation programme with a performance review after 3 months
- Conferencing, networking events and online training
- 5 day working week & working Hours 8.30am – 5.30pm (for UK office)
- Generous Leave + Public Holidays
- Potential for flexible working