Security Systems Engineer
A leading Security Systems Consultancy is looking for a site based engineer to manage the installation of commissions across the country. The hiring company are total solution providers, from design to installation. The successful candidate will manage the installation of security systems including CCTV networks, perimeter intruder detection systems and under vehicle scanning systems.
The hiring company work with leading Government agencies and high profile sites that need advanced security systems.
This specific opportunity relates to a contract involving the service and maintenance of all HM Prisons across the South of the UK. Systems will range from CCTV to perimeter intruder detection and lots in between. Typical clients of the hiring company include the Home Office, Ministry of Defence and UK Borders Agency.
Successful candidates will be largely site based in the Southern region. This region is defined by the company as anywhere from Suffolk, across to south of Birmingham and all below this line. Candidates would need to be willing to travel anywhere within this region.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Engineer, you will work individually or as part of a team on the installation, service and maintenance of a range of security systems for the Prison service. This is a largely site based role, therefore it will be necessary to stay overnight on a regular basis, however full expenses will be paid by the company.
Typical duties will include:
- Working with contractors on site
- Ensuring install and commission is completed to a quality and timely manner
- Procurement of materials
- Liaising with the customer
- Diagnosing any issues and carrying out service and maintenance work
- Taking projects through to final handoverr
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be conscientious with a high level of customer service as you will be working closely with repeat clients to make sure their security needs are met
- Previous experience of installing security systems is desired. However candidates with exceptionally strong IT / Electrical knowledge may be suitable. •
- Knowledge of IP based security systems is particularly desirable
- Must be highly computer literate
- Must have a full UK Driving License
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving license
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company provides security solutions to areas that require the highest level of security protection. They are a total solution provider, from design through to installation. This covers the correct testing methodology, system fine tuning, maintenance and complete with a full call out and support service. As a company, they are a fantastic employer with smart offices in a prestigious business park. They offer full training for candidates who need certifications such a CSCS cards, working at height and similar.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£20k - £25k + Company Vehicle + Expenses