Senior Associate Delay Analysis
A Senior Associate Delay Analysis job based in Hong Kong to work with Delay Experts on a range of high value international projects that are working through the dispute process and may result in arbitration.
A Senior Associate Delay Analysis job is available based in Hong Kong that would be suitable for someone already working within specialist delay work either as a Delay Analyst or as a Planner with active involvement within matters relating to delay.
Suitable candidates will be looking to take a Hong Kong based role to specialise further within delay disputes work and will be specifically wanting to work for a premium expert consultancy operating at the top of the specialist construction disputes industry providing independent expert opinion on delay matters and helping clients through complex arbitrations.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Managing Director Delay based in Hong Kong, who will be a Lead Testifying Delay Expert, you will support their workload, undertaking senior delay related duties relating to multiple arbitration and expert witness assignments as well as support aspects of live project work relating to project planning or other distressed project support work.
Specific work shall include:
- Research and fact-finding
- Reviewing technical and non-technical documentation eg construction schedules, blueprints and technical engineering drawing, reports, correspondence, market data, weather reports, financial data to identify key details and metrics used to develop expert reports; and
- Through research, develop keen understanding of all relevant information pertaining to legal disputes regarding large scale construction projects.
- Detailed data analysis
- Review large datasets using multiple analytical methods and tools to identify tends, anomalies, and other details which may have led to cost and schedule overruns.
- Quantification of delays
- Apply analytical methods to large datasets to calculate schedule delays overruns in large scale construction projects; and
- Assist in drafting expert reports, converting technical data into a narrative to be submitted to appropriate tribunals.
- Case strategy
- Assist experts in identifying the best approach to individual litigation, arbitration matters to assist clients in attaining a desired legal decision.
Desired Skills and Experience
In order to have the necessary experience to undertake the Hong Kong based Senior Associate Delay Analysis job role described above, it is expected that suitable Senior Associate Delay Analysis candidates will have recent experience either as Planners, Project Managers, Delay Planners
- 5 or more years’ experience working in a relevant construction project management and or scheduling capacity;
- Strong skills using relevant software tools: MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project, Asta, Primavera P3/P6 and Suretrak;
- Experience with disputes, including arbitration or litigation preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to write and conduct business in English and preferably Cantonese and, or Mandarin;
- Ability to communicate highly technical material to non-technical audience;
- Ability to travel as needed, generally under 15% but may vary;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team; and
- Flexible, creative problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in building construction, engineering, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
This construction disputes employer is your source for independent expert advisory services. They specialize in international arbitration, general commercial arbitration, litigation, forensic accounting, economic damages, construction and government contracting. Their experts maintain integrity, quality, and objectivity when solving complex disputes, delivering details analyses, and articulating meaningful results in a clear and concise manner.
This construction disputes employer partners with general contractors, owners, developers, engineers, and their legal counsel to guide them through litigation/arbitration proceedings related to construction disputes. Their experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest construction delay and economic damages matters. Their dispute services include: forensic scheduling, project cost/quantum analytics, and liability reviews.
Due to continued growth, our client is seeking seasoned dispute professionals with planning, cost analytics, scheduling experience and a broad understanding of construction and engineering concepts to join their team. Successful candidates should possess experience serving in leadership roles in construction planning and scheduling and dispute resolution, as well as strong analytical, problem solving, and communications skills.
Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by Hong Kong law.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across Hong Kong, Asia, the UK and the USA and Canada (and worldwide) will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous all in salary to cover accommodation and living costs
- Annual bonus
- Pension & Life & Medical Insurance