Senior Claims Consultant
A leading Commercial Management, Claims and Dispute Resolution company are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a growing team in their office in Farnham, Surrey as a Senior Consultant. The ideal candidate will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Consultant with a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role who has experience of / an interest in working in the claims and dispute resolution field of construction.
Your role will involve a combination of Commercial Management advice and services to blue chip companies as well as getting involved and specialising in claims and dispute resolution using your Quantity Surveying expertise. Previous experience in the claims and disputes field is not essential however you must have a clear interest in the sector if you do not have this experience. The transition from Quantity Surveying to Claims work is thought to be relatively simple for Quantity Surveyor's who fully understand Cost Plans and Variations and are able to look at these at a highly analytical level.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Senior Consultant within the business providing commercial support and advice to blue chip clients, and also providing support to a Director within the business on complex claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be working on claims in various construction sectors, as well as analysing documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for either a Consultancy or Contractor in construction is essential
- Some knowledge and exposure to Claims work would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- You should be within an easy commute of Central London
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to work and specialise as a Claims professional in construction
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is required
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading commercial management and construction claims specialist company that work on major projects in various project sectors. They predominantly work by providing their expertise to clients in regards to complex claims and disputes, as well as providing commercial advice over the life cycle of a project as consultants. Headed up by Directors with experience of working for some of the most reputable brands in the business, they retain much of their work from previous engagements on Major and Minor projects and hold a very good reputation in the market place. Working on projects across numerous locations, they provide great project exposure and an opportunity to learn from the best in the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package including payment of extra qualification courses in Construction Law or similar. They also offer a discretionary bonus each year, along with a health and pension scheme.