Senior Claims Consultant
A leading Claims company are seeking a Senior Consultant / Quantity Surveyor to join a growing team in their office in Manchester. The ideal candidate will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor with site based experience and a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role who has Claims experience, or an interest in getting into Claims work.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Senior Consultant within the business providing support to a Director within the business on claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be working on claims in various construction sectors, as well as analysing documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for either a Consultancy or Contractor in construction is essential
- Exposure to Claims work would be an advantage
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- Eager to work and specialise as a Claims professional in construction
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is required
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading construction claims specialist company. They predominantly work by providing their expertise to clients in regards to major claims, as well as providing advice over the life cycle of a project as consultants. Headed up by Partners with experience of working for some of the most reputable brands in the business, they retain much of their work from previous engagements on Major and Minor projects and hold a very good reputation in the market place. Working on projects across numerous locations, they provide great project exposure and an opportunity to learn from the best in the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package including payment of extra qualification courses in Construction Law or similar. They also offer a discretionary bonus each year, along with a health and pension scheme.