Senior Claims ConsultantRef MAX8445 Job Posted 24/07/2018 Region North and Scotland Location Sheffield Salary £60k - £65k + car allowance Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
A Senior Quantum Claims Consultant is required to join a claims and expert witness consultancy in their Sheffield office. You should be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with shown experience of complex claims and disputes in construction, with a willingness to specialise in this sector.
You will work on a variety of projects as a specialist claims consultant. You will work in specialist areas of construction disputes including live construction claims, and expert witness services
Responsibilities and Duties
You will work as a Senior Consultant within the business providing support to the Unit Director on complex claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent analysing documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings, as well as working on live claims on behalf of blue chip clients.
The majority of this work will relate to construction claims and expert witness assignments, the latter of which you would work in a support role to the Quantum Expert. During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects and disputes.
Some specific duties will include:
- Act as Quantum Claims Consultant on selected commissions
- Assist the Quantum Expert where required
- Write expert reports
- Contracts Management
- Analysis of claim documents, claim preparation and defence
- Assist in the growth of the business throughout the region
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown experience of construction claims and disputes
- Knowledge of adjudication, arbitration, litigation proceedings
- Experience of mediation
- Eager to specialise as a construction disputes specialist
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or InstCES
- CIArb Membership or MSc in Construction Law is a bonus
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a construction claims and dispute specialist that work in the claims and expert witness sectors. Working on projects across numerous sectors and locations, they provide great project exposure and an opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business whilst being based from a head office in Sheffield.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.
- Claims Manager Toronto, Ontario - $140k - $180k + package
- Claims Manager Kowloon, Hong Kong - Neg
- Senior Claims Consultant Pontefract, West Yorkshire - £60k - £65k + package
- Quantum Claims Consultant Pontefract, West Yorkshire - £40k - £50k + package
- Senior Claims Consultant Pontefract, West Yorkshire - £55k - £70k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend