Senior Claims ConsultantRef MAX8722 Job Posted 31/05/2019 Region North and Scotland Location South Yorkshire Salary Circa £750 - £800 per day Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Senior Claims Consultant role exists with a highly reputable Yorkshire based multi-disciplinary construction consultancy operating throughout the UK.
The role would suit a candidate ideally from a Quantity Surveying background, who has considerable experience in dealing with quantum related claims and expert witness / advisory cases.
The client’s preferred option would be to hire candidates on a temp to perm basis, however they will consider candidates looking for a permanent role.
Whilst working in this role, you will oversee multiple projects and work in a hands on role assisting the hiring company’s clients in the defence and preparation of claims documents. Projects types will vary between sectors and the total value of such claims will be worth up to circa £6m.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report directly into the Director of the business and will oversee multiple projects within the disputes side of the business. You will provide quantum claims analysis directly to the client and will also be involved with liaising with the Planners and Delay team to gather relevant information to bring the two issues together.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Should come from a successful Quantity Surveying background
- Have prior experience working on expert witness / advisory related cases
- Have considerable exposure to claims related work either in a QS role or as a specialist Claims Consultant
- Ability to identify and action quantum related claims issues relating to loss and expense
- Ideally be able to liaise and work comfortably with Planners and Delay Analyst to assist with Delay related issues
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Candidates will ideally have further qualifications / professional memberships, such as LLM / MSc in Construction Law
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy operating throughout the UK. Its head office is Yorkshire based, and whilst candidates may not need to travel to the office on a daily basis, they will need to reside within a reasonable commutable distance. As a business, they can provide a range of dispute avoidance and dispute resolution services as well as acting as providing expert witness and expert advice for construction disputes.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The client’s preferred option would be to hire someone on an initial 6 month contract with a view to this becoming a perm role. However candidates will be reviewed for either contract or permanent.
Day rate: Circa £750 - £800 per day
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Munich, Germany - Negotiable Basic Salary + Benefits
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Liverpool - £70k - £85k + Bonus + Benefits
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Manchester - £70k - £85k + Bonus + Benefits
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Coventry, Warwickshire - £70k - £85k + Bonus + Benefits
- Senior Delay Consultant Munich, Germany - Negotiable Basic Salary + Package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend