Senior Claims Consultant
An exciting role to work as a Senior Claims Consultant in Sydney Australia, working in an office with iconic views of Sydney Harbour.
Candidates will likely come from a strong commercial background and have a good knowledge and experience in administering contracts and claims documentation for contentious projects.
It is critical that the successful candidate has extremely strong writing skills and understands the importance of accuracy when report writing.
You will have the opportunity to work for a boutique consultancy who offer a genuine consultative service to their clients providing advice on commercial and contractual strategy, claims management and advice on dispute resolution.
Unfortunately, at this level of seniority, the client is extremely unlikely to be considering candidates who do not already have the right to work in Australia.
You will be exposed to a broad range of interesting and challenging work, dealing with complex claims and disputes for companies operating in the construction and infrastructure industries.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will see you:
- developing claims and disputes strategies to meet client objectives;
- undertaking forensic reviews of project records to prepare chronologies of events;
- managing and preparing construction claims including variations, extensions of time, disruption claims, acceleration claims and the like, including performing technical analysis, gathering evidence and drafting technical submissions;
- drafting contractual correspondence and providing contract administration and commercial management advice;
- managing dispute resolution processes including mediation, expert determination and preparing adjudication applications and responses under security of payment legislation; and
- working with client project teams and legal professionals
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Quantity Surveying or similar commercial role.
- Experience of administering contracts and writing contractual correspondence.
- An analytical mind and methodical approach to analysing and solving problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Particularly written skills and understanding the importance of producing accurate written work. Examples of which will be tested during the interview process.
- Prior experience of carrying out quantum and programme analysis in a consulting role would be advantageous but is not essential for promising candidates with the ability to learn new skills.
- This role is open to candidates who already possess the right to live and work in Australia.
- A construction related degree is essential.
- Achieved or working towards a Masters in construction law or similar subject would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a growing provider of specialist commercial advisory, claims management and dispute resolution services to the construction and infrastructure industries throughout Australia and New Zealand.
They are a small but growing boutique firm based in Sydney and with a strong client base in Australia and New Zealand. They pride themselves on providing a true consultative and advisory service to their clients.
The team is made of up industry experts with a wealth of experience in the claims and disputes sector. Successful candidates can expect to join a highly professional team that like to provide a very high level of service to their clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa AUS $110k - AUS $130K
+ Weeks holiday