Senior Claims ConsultantRef MAX8627 Job Posted 04/03/2019 Region North and Scotland Location Warrington, Cheshire Salary Circa £50k - £65k (DOE) Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Senior Claims Consultant role exists with a market leading claims and disputes consultancy, based out of their Warrington, Cheshire office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with strong exposure to claims and disputes related work and ideally some experience of assisting in expert reporting.
Due to our clients focus on heavy civils and off shore projects, they are specifically looking for candidates with exposure to such projects such as (but not limited to) marines, ports, land reclamation, dredging, oil and gas, power station and projects with complex M&E packages.
This business unit of the hiring company specialise in projects within the heavy civils sector. Such as (But not limited to):
- Land Reclamation
- Off shore oil and gas
Projects will likely be based in the North of England, Scotland or overseas. Therefore giving candidates some great opportunities to be involved in claims and general commercial management on major projects both domestically and overseas.
Responsibilities and Duties
The hiring company carry out a range of consultancy services to their clients that focus around claims and disputes (including expert witness) and general commercial management. As Claims Consultant you will have the opportunity to work on a range of project assignments. This could be independently or as part of a team of Consultants depending on the scale of the assignment.
Typical duties will include:
- Assist on live project claims on major UK and international engineering projects
- Quantum assessment
- High level claim report writing
- Assist in the management of contract termination
- Cost and Damages analysis
- Dispute resolution and mediation assistance
- Working on claim submissions and claim defence on behalf of clients and senior staff members
- Attend client meetings with the claims manager when necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in the heavy civils or oil and gas sectors or similar is strongly desired
- Candidates with previous experience assisting in expert witness related work are strongly desired, regardless of having relevant project experience
- Must have the ability to manage their own projects of reasonable value from start through to final accounts
- Will ideally have experience of working in a specialist claims and disputes related role
- Must have excellent writing skills
- A genuine desire to specialise in a claims and disputes related career
- Degree qualified or similar equivalent
- Ideally completed or working towards further qualifications such as MSc / LLM in Law and Arbitration or similar
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS is strongly desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading consultancy best known for their expertise in claims and disputes. They have offices throughout the World and can offer suitable candidates fantastic career opportunities and involvement on major projects both domestically and internationally.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k – £65k (DOE)
+ Benefits Package
- Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £36k - £48k (DOE)
- Quantum Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
- Delay Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
- Quantum Claims Consultant Dubai, UAE - 38K – 45K AED p/m all in salary
- Managing Delay Consultant East Birmingham - £65k - £75k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend