Senior Claims Quantity Surveyor
An opportunity has arisen for Senior Quantity Surveyor with strong claims experience, using the NEC form of contract. You will initially be working on a project in Basingstoke in the water sector, based from either a Reading or Hampton office. You will be responsible for the resolution of construction disputes on the project.
You will be working in a claims role on a problem water sector project. You will be responsible for the resolution of claims as the Senior Quantity Surveyor and be involved in other aspects of the business in similar roles once the project is complete. Further projects could include a wide variety in the civils and infrastructure sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Managing the resolution of claims as a priority
- Assessing, understanding, and managing the commercial aspects for the delivery of pre and post contract services as the Senior Quantity Surveyor alongside claims management
- Validation of cost structures
- Working closely with the project managers and multi disciplinary teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- Quantity Surveying background in either the utilities, oil & gas or general civils and infrastructure sectors
- NEC contract experience
- Strong claims experience
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline is preferred
- Chartered Member of the RICS or ICES is preferred but not essential
- Any qualifications in Construction Law are seen as beneficial
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international construction consultancy, operating in all project sectors across the UK and worldwide. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivaled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive basic salary and package.