Senior Commercial Manager
A Senior Commercial Manager is required to join an international consultancy in their Birmingham office, to lead an manage commercial teams for the delivery of exciting rail and infrastructure projects.
You will be working on rail and infrastructure projects throughout the midlands.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all pre and post contract commercial activities including managing commercial teams on the projects in the assigned portfolio.
- Monitor project budgets, change control, risk register and contingency with the project delivery team.
- Provide support to the Estimating team with the current project cost data and equally seek support to evaluate high value changes.
- Carry out regular commercial reviews of both internal costs and of the external supplier costs and implement appropriate measures to manage any rising issues.
- Lead and manage final accounts settlements of all projects in the portfolio and support delivery team with the project close out report.
- Pro-actively manage any commercial disputes or claims and provide a periodic Claims report.
- Manage all project commercial communication in accordance with the contract.
- Along with Head of Commercial, manage a Commercial Management team, setting objectives, reviewing performance and participating in selection/promotion decisions to ensure that all staff has the necessary skills and understanding to deliver the team's objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in Commercial Management through the early planning, development and tendering stages of major UK infrastructure projects and of working closely with procurement departments throughout the tender process to contract award.
- Strong experience in leading and managing Commercial Management teams on large Infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrable experience in contract, commercial and risk management.
- Specific understanding of Construction contract terms and conditions, preferably NEC3 and ICE.
- Strong experience of Target Costs and Fixed Price contracts
- Strong experience of Change Management and resolution of contract disputes
Membership of the RICS or similar recognised body
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a major player in construction and civil engineering consultancy services in the UK and wider international market. They have an expanding civils and infrastructure division in the UK and are commonly awarded work on some of the most prestigious projects nationwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary and package, inclusive of a car allowance, private health, and pension scheme.