Senior Commercial Manager
Summary of Senior Commercial Manager Job Vacancy - Peterborough
An experienced commercial and performance lead with a strong construction experienced background preferably in the water sector is required to join a market leading main contractor in Peterborough. You will be responsible for the overall commercial performance of a water framework contract.
You will be working on a major water framework alliance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accountable for the financial, commercial and overall performance of the Alliance.
- Project and programme level reporting including the management of payments and cash to alliance partners.
- Develop and manage an overall performance structure for the Alliance, ensuring project and process performance is visible and is used to drive team, individual and supplier performance.
- Accountable for undertaking cost assurance in the Alliance and within partner organisations, and the overall framework of cost assurance agreed with the client
- Accountable for the business performance management of the Alliance
- Manage the Alliance Supply Chain Management Team to put in place framework agreements and to undertake Supplier Relationship Management.
- Manage the delivery plan, ensuring initiative progress is maintained and efficiencies secured.
- Functionally lead on all Planning aspects within the Alliance
- Manage the closure of projects within the Alliance ensuring continuous improvement in close out processes.
- Make visible Health & Safety performance in order to drive a culture of zero tolerance to accidents and incidents. Demonstrate leadership in Health & Safety.
- Function as a member of the Alliance Board and Partner Management Team.
- You will be able to establish and sustain a high performing team to deliver and achieve" best for project" approach.
- You will establish a clear vision and direction.
- You should be willing and able to lead others. Inspires, encourages and support others to achieve critical outcomes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You should have experience working for a client side or main contracting organization in the water sector
- Past experience as a Commercial Manager is required in the construction or water sectors
- Experience managing other is essential
- Degree qualified is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employing company is a Tier 1 contractor and work across all sectors. The company employs more than 5,000 people in the UK, with expertise in design, construction, operations and maintenance.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance, health scheme, pension scheme, and other competitive benefits.