Senior Commercial Manager
One of Asia's leading M&E construction contractors requires a capable and experienced Commercial Manager to manage regional M&E projects based from their hub in Singapore.
You will be based in Singapore, reporting to the General Manager of International Contracts and oversee regional M&E projects in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia and India. The opportunity requires a long term commitment and those interested to grow their career with this company and spend the next 10+ years in Singapore are encouraged to apply. This opportunity would ideally suit someone who is currently a Commercial Manager and looking to step into a senior regional role with aspirations to assume the commercial and contractual leadership of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the commercial strategy of subcontracts working very closely with the senior operations teams to form collaborative approaches while driving performance and minimizing risk to the business.
- Comply and adhere to all matters pertaining to Quality, Safety & Health and Environment related to the job scope and work-place as required by the company.
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the projects
- Ensuring contractual compliances requirement, e.g. contractual deliverables, performance bond, insurances.
- Drafting or review of drafts by others of contractual correspondence
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
- Monitor and coordinate contractual claims and variation orders
- Resolve complex contractual issues.
- Attend project meetings where required.
- Liaison with authorities and/or Government bodies as required
- Supervision and mentoring of projects teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 20+ years of relevant experience including successfully running multi billion HKD projects from start to finish with a major construction main contractor
- Experience and knowledge of complex M&E projects is highly desirable
- Experience of administering NEC forms of contract highly desirable.
- Experience of working in Singapore highly desirable
- Experience of managing a team of commercial/contracts staff
- Thorough knowledge of contract language, change management and legal requirements of contracts.
- Excellent negotiation, organizational and communication skills
- Competent IT skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Claims management/ and dispute resolution experience on projects
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or engineering related discipline
- Professional qualification such as MRICS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a well respected international M&E construction business with its regional hubs in Singapore and Hong Kong.
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly grown to provide M&E construction services for both stand alone and large scale integrated construction projects.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been requested exclusively to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Attractive salary package on offer
- Housing & Transportation
- Flights & Medical
- Generous bonus scheme