Senior Consultant - Construction DisputesRef MAX7895 Job Posted 02/10/2018 Region London Location Central London Salary £60k - 75k + package DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Global Construction Consultancy is seeking a Senior Consultant with a strong Quantity Surveying background to join their Claims, Disputes and Expert consultancy division in central London. The ideal candidate will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Consultant with a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role, with experience / interest in the construction disputes sector.
Previous Claims or Expert Witness experience is preferred for this role however not absolutely required, as full training and support in this field will be given. The transition from Quantity Surveying to Claims and Expert Witness work is thought to be relatively simple for Quantity Surveyor's who fully understand Cost Plans and Variations and are able to look at these at a highly analytical level. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best in the business whilst being exposed to exciting disputes on major projects globally.
You will work on a variety of projects at various stages in the UK and across the globe, but working predominantly out of the London office.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Senior Consultant providing support to a Director within the business on major claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent using your Quantity Surveying expertise to analyse documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects in both the infrastructure and building sectors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working for a PQS / consultancy practice is preferred but not essential
- Some knowledge of Claims or Expert Witness support work would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- You should be within an easy commute of Central London
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to work in the construction disputes sector
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is desired
- Further qualifications in Construction Law are beneficial, or on route to achieving
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining the highly reputable construction disputes division of a global construction consultancy, which provides services in the claims, disputes and expert witness sectors in the UK and internationally. This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to gain exposure on international projects, as our client undergoes a high percentage of their work on a global basis.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
This company offer a very generous benefits package on top of a highly competitive basic salary.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend