Senior Consultant - Delay
A Senior Consultant role exists within the Delay division of a prestigious, central London based expert witness consultancy.
The successful candidate will have prior experience of working in a Delay orientated role on disputes that have gone to arbitration or litigation.
You will work as part of a small team with direct communication with an industry leading expert, on major international disputes.
The position would likely suit candidates who are currently working for a similar expert witness consultancy and feels they are not getting exposure to exciting enough disputes, or feel that they are not being given enough responsibility in their current employer.
The hiring company are willing to offer a highly competitive salary and benefits to the right candidate.
Due to the reputation of key individuals within this business, the hiring company carry out independent expert services on some of the largest and most high profile disputes in the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
This roles primary function will be to provide high level analytical support to one of the businesses experts on one or more disputes. Specific disputes will often be in relation to arbitration or litigation proceedings.
You will need at least a year’s experience in providing analytical support to an expert in relation to delay issues to ensure you can carry out such tasks autonomously.
The successful candidate will be given more responsibilities as they progress within the role, such as taking independent responsibility for specific sections of the expert report, including carrying out all of the analysis and the drafting of the report. You will also gain exposure to meeting with solicitors and personnel within the legal arena generally, hence increasing your network and reputation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have prior experience in an analytical role within a consultancy specialising in expert witness reporting
- Candidates will need a strong background in the construction or engineering sectors
- Candidates should have hands on experience of using Planning software’s such as Primavera P6 and / or Asta Power Project
- Should have previous site based experience and strong understanding of design and engineering
- Excellent written and English skills
- A highly analytical mind with the ability to scrutinise documents and delay related issues within a dispute at an extremely high level
- A passion to work in Expert services
- A relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification is essential
- Further relevant qualifications / professional memberships such as MSc / LLM in Construction Law would be advantageous but not essential
- Membership to a relevant construction body such as the CIOB would be advantageous but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading construction consultancy who specialise in providing independent expert services on major international disputes. You will work alongside several leading industry experts on exciting and often high profile disputes. You will provide analysis and prepare reports to industry leading standards whilst working for industry leading professionals that will serve you well in your future in the industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£60k - £85k (Depending on experience)