Senior ConsultantRef MAX7937 Job Posted 01/10/2018 Region London Location Central London Salary £60k - £65k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A leading claims, disputes and expert witness consultancy are seeking a Senior Consultant (QS) to join a growing team in their London office. The ideal candidate will be someone with strong site based experience and a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role, with experience in the claims or expert witness sectors on major projects.
You will work as a Senior Consultant on a variety of sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Senior Consultant providing support to a Director within the business on major disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent using your Quantity Surveying and Disputes Analysis expertise to analyse documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
Some of this work will relate to the Arbitration and Litigation process of major claims, as well as providing expertise as a consultant over the life cycle of a project. During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for a Main Contractor is preferable
- Experience of Claims or Expert Witness work
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is desired
- Further qualifications in Construction Law are beneficial, or ambition to achieve
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a Top End specialist claims and expert witness consultancy that provides expert advice in the disciplines of Quantum Assessment, Delay Analysis, Claims and Disputes, Commercial Management, Construction Project Management in the UK and overseas.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
This company offer a fantastic package as well as formal training with a professional development programme, and support of further, relevant academic studies.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend