A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an expert claims consultancy in their Central London office. You will be an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor with an interest in construction claims and disputes, and solid Quantity Surveying experience on building projects.
Previous claims & disputes experience is ideal however not essential as full training and support in this field will be given. The transition from Quantity Surveying to Claims work is thought to be relatively simple for Quantity Surveyor's who fully understand Cost Plans and Variations and are able to look at these at a highly analytical level. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best in the business whilst being exposed to exciting disputes on major and more minor projects alike in project & claim value.
Projects will vary, but will predominantly be focussed on major projects in the built environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Senior Consultant within the business providing support to a Director on claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be working on claims on large building projects, as well as analysing documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
The majority of this work will relate to general construction claims & disputes, with a smaller portion of work relating to the Expert Witness sector. During a typical year, you will likely be involved in multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Some knowledge or theory of construction disputes and adjudication processes will be an advantage
- Quantity Surveying experience on building projects
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site is preferred
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- You should be within an easy commute of Central London
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to work and specialise in construction disputes
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or relevant construction discipline is strongly preferred
- Completion of LLM or willingness to undertake in the near future would be an advantage though this is not essential to have acquired already
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a specialist construction claims and disputes consultancy, whose main client based consists of major construction companies that work on large projects. They predominantly work by providing their expertise to clients in regards to major claims and disputes. Headed up by Directors with experience of working for some of the most reputable brands in the business, they retain much of their work from previous engagements on Major and Minor projects and have an excellent reputation in the market place.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package including payment of extra qualification courses in Construction Law or similar if required. They also offer a discretionary bonus each year, along with a health and pension scheme.