A Claims and Expert Witness consultancy are seeking a Senior Consultant with strong Quantity Surveying experience on building projects to join a growing team in their Sheffield office. The ideal candidate will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience of construction disputes on building projects.
Project sectors vary but you will be generally focussed on construction disputes on building sector projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Senior Consultant within the business providing support to a Director on claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent analysing documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
The majority of this work will relate to construction claims and expert witness assignments, the latter of which you would work in a support role to the Quantum Expert. During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects and disputes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for either a Consultancy or Contractor in construction is essential
- Some experience of Expert Witness or Claims work
- Experience of building projects
- Eager to work as a construction disputes specialist
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a Claims, Expert Witness and specialist dispute company that work on projects in various project sectors. Headed up by Directors with experience of working for some of the most reputable brands in the business, they retain much of their work from previous engagements on projects and hold a very good reputation in the market place. Working on projects across numerous sectors and locations, they provide great project exposure and an opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.