Senior ConsultantRef MAX9091 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region North and Scotland Location Sheffield, South Yorkshire Salary £45,000 - £55,000 + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 17/02/2021 Status Live
A small, but highly reputable claims and disputes consultancy based in Sheffield, Yorkshire is looking to hire a Claims Consultant.
The successful candidate is likely to be a Quantity Surveyor with a history of working for reputable contractors in the construction sector and a passion for claims and disputes related work.
You will likely have had some exposure to claims and potentially even formal disputes within your previous role as a Quantity Surveyor and be seeking a role in which you can specialise in this field.
If this sounds like you, then this position could be a great career move. In return, you will work for a reputable consultancy with a highly experienced senior management team where you can expect to be involved in claims, disputes (largely adjudications) and expert witness work going forward.
In this line of work, it is common to gain exposure to a wide variety of assignments. This can include projects in multiple sectors, as well as working with a number of unique clients, including main contractors, sub-contractors and client organisations.
The client base for the business is more biased towards projects in the built environment (i.e. schools, hospitals, residential etc.) However, candidates from all types of mainstream project backgrounds will be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Claims Consultant you will provide support to senior management on more complex disputes work, as well as being charged with running your own assignments with clients relating to claims on live projects.
You will be expected to provide all of the following services within this role. However, some you will be expected to carry out independently, whilst others in a more supporting role to a senior manager:
- Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management of projects
- Contract Administration
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Dispute Resolution
- Expert Witness services
- Contractual Advice
- Risk Analysis and Risk Management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including managing variations and changes.
- Candidates must have strong practical and/or theoretical experience of handling claims within their previous role as a Quantity Surveyor
- A clear desire and motivation to specialise in and progress your career in the claims and disputes sector is essential
- Candidates who have been actively involved on working on projects in the built environment are preferred due to the client’s typical workload, however candidates with differing project experience may also be considered.
- Some formal involvement in managing or supporting in a formal dispute (adjudication, arbitration, litigation etc.) would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Well-presented and articulate individual with the ability to thrive in a client-facing role and communicate effectively with the client
- A good knowledge of standard forms of contract such as NEC and JCT is essential
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent OR having studied a Masters in Construction Law would be desirable. Candidates working towards either of these may be considered also.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small but highly reputable claims and disputes consultancy based in Sheffield, Yorkshire. The business is headed up by a highly respected senior management team who can provide excellent guidance and support to the successful candidate.
This role would particular suit a Quantity Surveyor who has had some exposure to claims and disputes work within their role as a QS and is now interested in joining a specialist claims and disputes consultancy where they can develop their skills and career within the claims and disputes sector.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary in the region of £45k - £55k (DOE)
+ Car allowance
- Quantum Consultant Central London - £40k - £50k + Benefits
- Senior Quantum Dispute Resolution Consultant Central London - Circa £65k - £80k
- Claims Consultants in Construction Edinburgh - Negotiable
- Cost Consultant Dublin, Ireland - Circa €37.5k - €45k p.a all in
- Senior Quantum Consultant Dubai, UAE - 35k – 42k AED p/m all in + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend