Senior Consultant Quantum ClaimsRef MAX8645 Job Posted 07/02/2019 Region North and Scotland Location Glasgow, Scotland Salary Circa £50k - £65k + Benefits + Bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An opportunity exists to join a global, market leading claims and disputes consultancy as a Senior Consultant.
The successful candidate will come from a Quantity Surveying background and carry out the role of Senior Consultant dealing with quantum related claims and disputes assignments, often working on behalf of main contractors and client organisations.
You will work out of the clients regional office in Glasgow, Scotland, however many of the assignments you carry out may lead you to frequently travel to site or be based out of the client's offices.
Working in this role, you will get the opportunity to work on a varied set of commissions over the course of the year. You will work either independently or as part of a team dependant on the size and complexity of an assignment. Such services could be required on projects across a wide range of industry sectors, including civils and infrastructure through to large building projects.
Every effort will be made to keep candidates on assignments within commutable distance from the Glasgow office, however on occasions travelling away to other parts of the country or even overseas may be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidates will provide claims and dispute resolution consultancy services to clients. You may work individually on commissions or as part of a team depending on the size and complexity of the dispute. Typical duties will include:
- Detailed analysis of documents relating to costing, claims, and any other relevant information required to analyse information provided on major disputes
- Support delivery of commission services in line with client briefs.
- Provide in depth quantum analysis in support of the Quantum expert.
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of a full range of claims services across a wide client base.
- Assist with the preparation of expert reports for formal dispute resolution proceedings
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have prior experience preparing and defending claims for adjudication / mediation or similar process
- Candidates should have a stable and successful Quantity Surveying background, ideally with a reputable main contractor. Candidates with Consultancy experience may still be considered.
- Previous experience assisting an Expert Witness would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Candidates will need a willingness to travel to projects / offices further than a reasonably daily commute on occasions. All costs will be paid for by the employer.
- A Degree or similar equivalent qualification such as Quantity Surveying
- Further relevant qualification in construction law such as an MSc is desired. Candidates currently studying such a qualification will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a global multi-disciplinary consultancy, widely recognised as a market leader for providing claims and dispute resolution services to the construction industry. Successful candidates will work for a market leading employer offering fantastic career and development opportunities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary = Circa £50k - £65k
- Senior Quantum Consultant - Expert Witness London - Circa £55k - £70k (DOE)
- Quantum Consultant - Expert Witness London - Circa £40k - £60k (DOE)
- Quantum Claims Consultant Bristol - £35k - £50k
- Senior Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £50k - £65k (DOE)
- Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £36k - £48k (DOE)
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend