Senior Cost ManagerRef MAX9137 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 30/04/2021 Status Live
A fantastic Senior Cost Manager job vacancy based from Leicester, Leicestershire to work on the cost management of logistics, distribution, warehouse and data centre construction projects.
This premium Senior Cost Manager job role based from Milton Keynes, is to provide pre and post contract cost management and quantity surveying duties on a number of fast track high value design and build logistics, distribution and warehouse construction projects as well as on high value data centre projects.
Senior Cost Manager job duties will be to cost manage and contract manage a number of concurrent logistics, distribution and data centre projects in the Leicester, Leicestershire and Midlands region.
Clients include online retailers, supermarkets, retail park developers and tenants, and a full key account service is provided to them from project concept to completion on site and final account.
The Senior Cost Manager job will be based from the company office in Leicester with site visits to live project sites as required in Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire Leicestershire and other UK locations. The project scope of the service provision to clients can include:
- Low and high bay logistics facilities
- Multi-storey warehouses both medium and large in size
- Single-sided and cross dock facilities
- Ambient, chilled and frozen provision
- Automated and manual operation facilities
- Fit-out of facilities within live buildings
- Expansion of internal floor area of existing live warehouse buildings with Pick Towers and multi-level mezzanines
- Construction and expansion of retail facilities, including home shopping centres and dark stores
- Conventional and VNA racking
- High value fast track, high security data centres
Responsibilities and Duties
In providing the above project scope, the Senior Cost Manager job duties based from Leicester will include:
- Pre and post contract cost management on the full range of traditional cost management and quantity surveying duties undertaken to support both owners, developers and tenants
- Management and supervision of Junior Cost Management staff
- Contract management
- Employers agent role & duties as projects require
- Extensive liaison and relationship development and management with the Client Project Manager
- Conducting viability and feasibility studies as required
- Proactive cost planning from concept to completion
- Effective procurement work
- Cost modelling work
- Stringent cost control at all phases of the project
- Risk analysis and risk management
- Change control
- Dilapidation report costing
- Fire insurance valuations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Sufficient previous cost management / quantity surveying experience is essential to demonstrate you are able to run your own complex and fast track projects without supervision
- Previous cost management experience on logistics / warehouse / data centre projects is preferred, although experience of private sector commercial or mixed use projects is transferrable
- Previous experience of managing clients and evidence of successful key account relationship management is essential
- Previous contract management experience, ideally of logistics or warehouse type projects preferred
- Experience of the Employers Agent role desired
- Experience of fast track design and build (D&B) projects is desired.
- Extensive pre and post contract experience on complex fast track projects is needed
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying and MRICS are desirable qualifications although not essential
- For those not already Chartered, APC training is provided and professional progression is actively encouraged
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Cost Management and Project Management specialist employs tens of cost management and project management specialists across much of the UK and continues to grow due to increased demand from both new and repeat clients in the logistics, distribution, warehouse and data centre sector.
The rise in internet shopping due to Covid, and the increased client customer desire to store products due to supply uncertainties caused by Brexit has led to a boom in live and pending projects.
As a specialist in cost and project management in exactly this sector, they have a strong order book of live and pending projects, and specialise in a number of areas that are likely to boom for the foreseeable future, including logistics, warehouse, distribution, factory and industrial park. A full client profile will be presented to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
APC training and professional fees paid
- Senior Cost Manager Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend