Senior Delay ConsultantRef MAX8640 Job Posted 04/03/2019 Region North and Scotland Location North Manchester Salary £55k - £75k (DOE) + Pension + Bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
Due to organic growth within the business, an established Delay Analyst is required to work for a leading multi-disciplined construction consultancy, working out of their North Manchester office.
This position may suit candidates already working for a specialist disputes consultancy in a day-to-day Delay Analyst role. Alternatively, it could suit candidates in senior planning roles that have had reasonable exposure to delay related claims and disputes work within a main contracting or general consultancy role.
Over the course of a year, candidates will likely get exposure to multiple disputes that could potentially be related to projects across a wide range of industry sectors. Whilst the regional business focusses on projects in the local area, projects can often be further afield.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of staff carrying out detailed forensic analysis of major project delays. You will be required to use critical path methodologies and scheduled analysis combined with detailed project, contract and legal research. Specific duties may include:
- Prepare, update, monitor and audit programmes;
- Perform detailed forensic delay analysis (retrospective and prospective) on building, civil engineering and M&E projects using appropriate delay analysis techniques, critical path methodologies and cause and effect analysis;
- Draft extension of time claims, assess compensation events and assist in the preparation of expert reports;
- Support the delivery of commissions in line with client briefs, and
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of a full range of claims services across a wide client base.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have knowledge and experience of different methods of Critical Path Analysis
- Candidates will likely come from a Planning or Engineering background
- Candidates will likely have some site based experience
- Previous exposure to delay related claims and disputes related tasks
- Experienced user of ASTA Powerproject is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification is desired
- Any further qualification relating to Construction Law or similar would be advantageous, as would any relevant professional memberships
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a global multi-disciplined construction consultancy with multiple regional offices throughout the UK as well as numerous overseas offices. The business carries out a range of consultancy services, however they are arguably most widely recognised for providing claims and disputes related services, including expert witness work.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £55k - £75k (DOE)
- Senior Delay Consultant Coventry, Warwickshire - £55k - £75k (DOE) + Pension + Bonus
- Senior Manager - Delay Expert Witness London - £70k - £100k (DOE)
- Senior Delay Analyst - Expert Witness Central London - £55k-£80k + package inc. Excellent bonus
- Delay Analyst Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £55k - £75k (DOE)
- Delay Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend